Why Online Video Marketing?
I’m a big fan of utilizing online video as a piece of any internet marketing strategy. I wrote an earlier blog discussing the importance of not only having a site that ranks well but also a site that converts well. If you are getting good Search Engine Optimization (SEO) rankings, then super, you should be driving a lot of traffic to your website. However, what is going to make a prospective client call you over the other 15-20 competitors that are also on page one on the search engines? Are you taking better advantage of the traffic that good rankings provide…or are your competitors?
So why video? From a practical perspective, online video gives a firm the ability to:
- Separate itself from the competition
- Create a brand image
- Give prospective clients a reason to stay on the site longer which leads to higher conversions
- Allow prospective clients to get to know the attorney(s) on a more personal level and make a connection
Interesting Online Video Statistics
- Consumers email lawyers with videos on their profile pages 127% more that those without video
- Click throughs to a firm’s website increases 138% when they have a video on their profile page
- Consumers view profile pages with videos 169% more than those without video
- Profile pages with videos generate, on average, 175% more impressions
- More than 13 million hours of video uploaded videos during 2010 and 35 hours of video are uploaded every minute.
- YouTube’s demographic is broad: 18-54 years old
- YouTube reached over 700 billion playbacks in 2010
- YouTube mobile gets over 100 million views a day
- The YouTube player is embedded across tens of millions of websites
- Over 4 million people are connected and auto-sharing to at least one social network
Other interesting data:
- Michael Stelzner, with Social Media Examiner, recently conducted a survey with over 3,000 marketers. The survey cites that 77% of marketers plan on increasing their investment in YouTube and online video in 2011.
- Nielsen is reporting online video usage is up 45%.
One can conclude that online video can play an important role in law firm’s marketing efforts. In the Alabama and Tennessee markets that I cover, there are only a handful of firms (mostly PI firms) that are utilizing online video. As a result, I see tremendous opportunities for the firms that practice in other highly searched areas of practice such as divorce, bankruptcy, criminal defense, social security, etc. to start utilizing video as part of their online marketing strategy. Those that do will reap the benefit of more client calls and greater ROI from their online marketing efforts!